About Cathy Corbett
Cathy moved to Rough River Lake in 2003, with her husband Charlie, who is from the area and had always planned to move back in retirement.
Since relocating to Rough River, together they have opened 6 new companies and completed 6 developments on or near Rough River Lake. Some of them include:
– Patriots Pointe (home of the BIG flag overlooking the lake)
– Patriots Landing (only gated subdivision on the lake)
– Patriot Shores (newest waterfront development on the lake)
Cathy started her working career in the nuclear power industry in 1975. She worked in that industry for 20 years for Commonwealth Edison (Chicago) and Duke Energy (Carolinas), while raising 4 children.
As she was putting most of them through college, she completed an advanced degree in human performance, organizational behavior and leadership development. She worked for an international consulting firm for 10 years that took the lessons learned from the nuclear power industry into other venues that benefited greatly, including the medical industry where she and her partners published their first book on reducing human error. Facinating work for sure, but long weeks of travel away from friends and family led her to look for something in retirement that would keep her closer to home. That led to her decision to pursue a hobby that had always interested her…. real estate!
She received her real estate license in 2005 and joined Coldwell Banker Realty Group – as the managing broker at Rough River Lake.
She purchased that business in 2012 and is now the owner/Principal Broker of 3 dynamic real estate companies;
– Greater Rough River Realty Group
– Greater Nolin Lake Realty Group, and
– Welcome Home Realty Group (serving 5 counties around the two lakes!)
She is has advanced certifications in the following areas:
* Resort & Second Home Property Specialist 2018
* Senior (50+) Residential Property Specialist 2018
* Graduate – Realtor Institute – Completed 2019
* PSA/CMA – Pricing Strategy Advisor 2020
* Certified Residential Brokerage (in process)
As a Realtor she specializes in:
– Lakefront developments
– New home construction
– Lake area residential properties
– Commercial properties
– Equestrial properties
– Vacant land and farm properties
Buyers like working with Cathy because she’s extremely knowledgeable about the lake area and is willing to take the time to help them find the perfect property for their lake or permanent home.
Sellers like her knowledge of the market, work ethic and her tenacity in sticking to the job until it’s DONE!
When she’s not busy working a deal on a property, you can usually find her out on the lake with Charlie or riding horses with her daughter and grand daughter!
Give her a call if you’d like to buy or sell property in Breckinridge or Grayson Counties in KY.